Recipe: Spiced Oatmeal
Here's is a delicious treat and healthy treat that warms me before facing the elements.
1. 2 cups of Irish Steel Cut Oatmeal
2. 3 cups of boiling water
3. 1 Tablespoon of Organic Ginger
4. 1 Tablespoon of Ground Cloves
5. 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
1. In a medium sauce pan, place all of the spices in the water with 3 cups of boiling water, bring to a boil, add Irish Steel Cut Oatmeal.
2. Cook Oatmeal as directed with boiling water.
3. Serve with 1 teaspoon of organic agave nectar and eat piping hot.
Ginger is great to reduce inflammation.
Cinnamon is great to regulate blood sugar, so you don't have a crash after eating.
Agave Nectar is a natural sweeter that is sweeter than sugar but, does not have the crashing effect as sugar.
Cheers to a heart healthy and heart warming way to start to the day.