Real Reason Why I Stopped Dieting

Everyone is eating plant based or clean, with non- GMO's and lactose and dairy and sugar free.

OK. Oct. 2 would make my 7 year anniversary that I lost 130 lbs. and everyone who looks at my size 12 or 14 body asks me don't you want to work out?

Which leads me to an article that I read on Refinery 29 about the 67 percent project, that 67 percent of American women are at a size 14.

One day went I went to a local mall, the majority of women were my size some bigger, some had children wasn't too concerned about the baby fat, other women were walking with their boyfriends and were happy.

So, I began some deep introspection if these women are a 14 and up size and are happy, why am I struggling to count calories, drink tons of water, etc.

Trust me I am all for being healthy, but being so concerned to near obsession about losing weight is really unhealthy and led me into old feelings that I because I was not a size 0 or under 100, I was worthy of anything; especially anything good.

I was in a depression and subconsciously started packing on the pounds.

Then, I went to the mall again, and saw more plus size women getting their hair and nails done, talking on the phone and laughing with friends, planning movie and date nights.

One even took out a dress she bought and asked the advice of her friends and one said it didn't show enough of her "assets." ( The woman was a size 20).

Wow! I thought these women are really living!

Then why am I feeling ashamed and down because I am a size 12?

Back to health...

I had a series and I mean a series of healthy exams, my cholesterol was down 45 points, my blood sugar was below the range of being diabetic, and I was told to go to the nearest steak house and eat red meat because I was anemic, which explained the lack of energy. My heart and lung capacity are at 98 percent after a stress test and three echo cardiograms.

What the heck was I stressing and getting myself depressed about?

My doctor told me that I had stats of a 30 year old..

So, if I do have large breasts and a large behind it offends a person don't look!  I always wear clothes to suit my size anyway.

Being body positive does not mean unhealthy, shame yourself into not being seen, it means self love taking care of yourself and in my case having a excellent medical stats, doesn't seem that bad after all.

Take of yourself, health is the number one priority and loving who you are is the real movement behind being body positive.

Cheers!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5ive Online Sites

Waterford or Lenox Anyone??

Men's Grooming : Luxury